Programs & Incentives
- Federal Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit is an investment tax credit of 26%. This can rollover.
- Massachusetts Residential Tax Credit of 15%, capped at $1,000.
- Class 1 Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs, but not to be confused with REC brand Solar Panels!) System owners recieve quarterly payments based on production. This incentive is ongoing, not just for 10 years!
- Net Metering Tariff allows customers to receive NM credits at full retail rates on their utility bill for any extra monthly electrical production. NM credits are applied when demand outpaces production.
- Allocation of NM credits to another account in the same utility territory is permitted.
More information can be found at https://www.masscec.com/solar-incentives-and-programs